Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ohio Nuns Holla!

I wanted to share a funny experience I had in Cincinnati last spring: I was volunteering with a community of Benedictine nuns in the Over-the-Rhine area of Cincinnati. While walking to one of our project sites w/ one of the sisters (she wasn't wearing a habit, and I was dressed in just normal clothes), a man biked past us and called out, "Euh girl! You look good!"
I didn't know what to do, but the sister with me just responded with, "Hello, brother. May God bless you today."
She turned to me and said, "I think he was directing that comment at you, but it doesn't hurt to send blessings to everyone."

It was pretty great. She was just so calm and collected about the whole thing.

Once again , your site is awesome - keep it up!!!

~ Julie, 22, Evanston, IL