Sunday, September 16, 2007

Indecent Exposure

This past Sunday morning, September 9th, I boarded the Red Line at Grand and headed North to church. At some point after Addison, I looked up and caught the eye of a creepy-looking man facing me. He gave me a look–the look that creepy men give women… I immediately averted my eyes and pretended that I was REALLY interested in my iPod.
I could feel that he was still staring at me, and when I looked up, there he was, unzipped, pulled out into the open, and playing with himself.
I gasped and turned around, finding two nicely dressed girls trying to figure out why I am all of a sudden staring at them. After 10 seconds of my incoherent babble, one girl saw it and gasped and turned as well. I got up and moved to a seat that I couldn’t see him. In my peripheral vision, I could tell he was laughing.
One girl said she had a similar experience at 2 a.m. once, and said, “But you’d expect that kind of thing at 2 a.m. This is Sunday Morning. GOD’S DAY!!! People are in church right now!!!”
The man was probably 40-ish, short dark hair, wearing a t-shirt and jeans. He exited the redline at the Granville stop around 11 a.m.


~submitted by MM