Friday, July 30, 2010

He Snapped a Shot, She Snapped Back

Olivia's recent post 'Construct Something,' was most moving for me. really articulate and insightful response to such a hateful display. Sickens me that anyone should have to encounter that once, let alone with any kind of frequency or regularity.

Unfortunately, I have one of mine own to share:
He waited for me to go up the flight stairs while transferring from the red line to the blue line at Jackson CTA stop and took a pic of me from behind. I saw the flash and the disposable camera he put back in his pocket. I was too cowardly to say anything but silently took a picture and even Tweeted about it. I think this was the first step of action I've taken during an incident like this. However, this is not the first time it has happened to me while walking alone.



~Submitted by Libby